Little Bear Craft Kit
As Unitarian Universalists you are absolutely free to choose how you use the items in your Fall RE program craft kit! 🙂 However, if you want some guidance, below are ways in which I thought the program might work, as a “build a bear” inspired character.
- Choose your character- a bear, a moose, a unicorn, monkey, whatever you have! Use sharpies or paints to decorate the front of the tiny shirt with a chalice. Ideas can be found easily by searching “chalice clip art UUA”
- For each story, color the page that has the character we meet.
- As Little Bear learns each principle, cut out that principle and read it aloud. Place it in the little drawstring bag.
- Decorate your bag with sharpies or paints- if using paints place a paper in the middle so it doesn’t glue itself shut.
- Tie the piece of yarn onto the dowel. Twist your pipe cleaners into fish shapes and let your character pretend to “fish for principles.”
- Cut out circles from red felt and leaves from green, glue onto Goose & Ganders page
- Color and cut out Mouse and glue onto the wood craft stick to make a stick puppet.
- Paint/decorate stars and put on string during the camping part of the story. Save them and hang on the Christmas tree!
- Easel: tiny self portrait at the end- ask them to draw or paint themselves doing something kind for the Earth.
- For Principle 8: Decorate the backside of the shirt with a Love Wins or Black Lives Matter message.
- BONUS: make a cardboard box “tent” for your character’s camping trip