As events unfold in our world, our church members have long created and shared Social Justice Resolutions that convey our values and commitments.
At our May 20th 2018 annual meeting, the Social Justice Council proposed that, in order to respond to urgencies when council members unanimously agree, members empower the council to revise and archive resolutions.
At the June 6th 2018 Social Justice Council meeting all members voted to adopt the revisions to existing resolutions and to archive out-dated resolutions. Therefore, the revised resolutions are now active and outdated resolutions are now archived. See them here:
Active Resolutions to Support:
- HUMANIZE NOT CRIMINALIZE
- END WHITE SUPREMACY AND FORGE A PATH TO COLLECTIVE LIBERATION
- SUPPORT SANCTUARY CHURCHES
- SUPPORT PUBLIC EDUCATION EQUITY, EXCELLENCE, AND RELEVANCE
- GUN CONTROL, SCHOOL SAFETY, AND YOUTH LEADERSHIP
- WOMEN’S AND MEN’S SAFETY FROM SEXUAL ASSAULTS, HARASSMENT, AND INTIMIDATION