The First UU Endowment Committee solicits applications for semi-annual disbursement of church funds invested in the Unitarian Universalist Common Endowment Fund. Up to $4,000 will be available and will be awarded for one or more proposals commensurate with the church mission.
Guidelines for submitting applications:
- All submissions are due by 10 November 2018. Submissions will be considered en masse and applicants will be notified of results by 10 December, 2018.
- Awards will only be made to Team or Group requests for special expenses.
- Award decision(s) will be made by the Endowment Committee (EC).
- The EC reserves the right to give preference to
- Projects/events that affect a wide-range of congregational members.
- Projects/events that have no logical funding source (for example, a Team’s annual operating budget).
- Non-recurring projects, events, or expenditures.
- Teams/Groups that have not been awarded these funds in the past two years.
Distributions from the funds may be used to help pay for purposes that further the Church mission and that are aligned with the principles of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
Examples of Requests that may be eligible for Distributions include but are not limited to:
- Requests for funds for Building and Grounds to be used to help pay for projects related to the church buildings and real property, including grounds and landscaping, excluding regular maintenance.
- Requests for funds for Religious Education to be used to help pay for major equipment or special programs that enhance the Religious Education program.
- Request for funds for Social Outreach/Community Service to be used in furthering the Church mission in the larger community beyond the Church (such as funding of the ADORE Jubilee).
Application forms can be accessed and submitted online at:
form: EC Grant Application Form in the online version of this Newsletter or
Alternatively, a PDF version of the application form or an email link can be obtained from the Endowment Committee (EC) at firstname.lastname@example.org, and the completed form submitted by email to EC. Or a paper copy can be obtained from the church office (Suzette Tom, manager) and completed form submitted thereto.