Jubilee Three Anti-Racism Training
Doing the Work That Is Ours To Do
Learning Together About Systemic Racism
September 9 – 11, 2022
The 8th Principle Task Force invites you to participate in an upcoming nationally scheduled Jubilee Three Anti-Racism Training. Join Unitarian Universalists from Hawaii and across the continental United States in deepening your understanding of how race and ethnicity play out in our families, our church, our institutions and in our daily lives.
This is an online training and all are welcome.
· Friday, September 9 – 6:00pm to 9:00pm Pacific Time / 3pm to 6pm Hawaii Time
· Saturday, September 10 – 9:00am to 8:30pm Pacific Time / 6am to 5:30pm Hawaii Time
· Sunday, September 11 – 12:00pm to 6:30 Pacific Time / 9am to 3:30pm Hawaii Time
Breaks are frequent and generous throughout the weekend.
Registration: $170 per participant, $85 for second or third person in same household. First person must register at $170 for subsequent family members to receive the discount.
Register Here: https://www.paulacolejones.com/jubilee
Partial and full scholarships are available. To request a scholarship and/or questions: Contact 8th Principle Task Force member Karen Gold @ Ksgold10@outlook.com or 425-444-1974.
Lutricia Callair, Dr. Leon Spencer, Paula Cole-Jones
Weekend Activities: The training includes presentations, discussions, videos, exercises, and small group work. This 2 ½ day workshop is open to anyone who wants to journey toward making a stand against racism. Church members and church leaders of any faith, as well as non-church members are all welcome!
· Develop a shared analysis of racism and its individual, institutional, and cultural manifestations, and
· Begin to apply this common understanding to the history, culture, and institutional structure of our society, and to envision the next steps in taking action.
Agenda Topics Include:
· The history of racism and resistance to racism in the Americas
· Defining racism
· The effects of racism on people of color and on white people
· Dismantling racism
· Claiming and shaping an anti-racist identity