8th Principle Task Force
At the May 2017 First Unitarian Church of Honolulu Annual Meeting, Members voted to adopt the 8th Principle:
“We covenant to affirm and promote: journeying toward spiritual wholeness
by working to build a diverse multicultural Beloved Community by our actions that
accountably dismantle racism and other oppressions in ourselves and our institutions.”
For an extensive background on the origin and purpose of the 8th Principle visit: https://www.8thprincipleuu.org/
8th Principle Task Force Mission
- Immerse our congregation in awareness & support of the 8th Principle
- Initiate & coordinate implementation of anti-racism actions & practices at First Unitarian Church of Honolulu
Goals for Accountability: 2018-2019
- Inclusion of The 8th Principle in all church materials, signage, website
- Produce 2 anti-racism focused workshops/trainings: building our skills to increase our capacity to speak and act for equity
- Create a Policy for Mending – a way to recover when microaggressions & offenses occur within our church community
Mahalo to A.D.O.R.E. Co-chairs Allison Jacobs and Jill Rabinov and Rev. T.J. for their collaboration and input in the design and creation of this team.
8th Principle Task Force Members: Carla Allison, Lee Curran & Zoe Sims.
Questions? Contact Carla Allison firstname.lastname@example.org 808.396.1488